Saturday, November 23, 2013

What I Am Thankful For....

I have really enjoyed reading my Facebook friends "thankful" posts this month.  It is grounding to think of your blessings everyday.. to say them out loud or write them down.  It puts everything in perspective.  I have had a year full of the highest highs and some of the lowest lows.  An ordinary year that reflecting back on it seems so extraordinary. I wanted to take a moment on my blog and say thanks to everyone that has supported me.

 I appreciate so much the cheerleaders in my life, my family and friends who tell me everything I paint is wonderful, especially when it isn't.  And a lot of times it isn't.  I push myself hard but your belief in me keeps me going when my tank runs dry.  You remind me of my successes when all I can focus on is my failures.  

I am so thankful for those who have sold art for me in the past and those who still do.  Your belief in me and my art amazes and humbles me.  I am so proud to have my art in four galleries this year - Sozo Gallery, Atelier Gallery, Olives Gallery and Sundae Gallery.  It is such a dream come true and still doesn't seem real sometimes.  I appreciate your trust and confidence and faith in me.  I have worked so hard and have neglected many things to get to this place and I am so honored to have the opportunity to work with you.

Most of all, I am thankful to my collectors.  Whether you have bought one painting or several, big or small, even if you haven't bought but have told me how much you loved something I have done...it doesn't matter.  I paint because I love to; but I love to, because it is a way to share and connect with others.  You see what I see and we find a common ground on which to connect. And that is what the sweet part of life is all about.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from the bottom of my heart!

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Such a beautiful post, Dottie!! and an amazing painting!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!