Thursday, January 30, 2014

"more than enough"

"more than enough"
24" x 48" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

So here we are, the very last day of the 30 Day January Challenge!!  I can't tell you what a sense of relief I have now that it is over!! I paint every day. Even on weekends.  BUT I don't complete a painting every day and have it ready to post and show the world!  That is a lot of pressure. And this time around, I wanted to complete a series of larger works.  I did use several days for studies which were 8" x 8" but the majority of paintings were 16" x 20" and larger.  This is the largest at 24" x 48".   I either love a challenge or I'm crazy :)
My family would say..crazy.

I want to thank all the generous Facebook friends that provided me with pictures of New York.  I couldn't have done it without you!  And thanks to everyone for your comments and support.  It brings a smile to my face and keeps me going.

 I even did a bonus painting for the challenge....so I guess it was 31 Paintings in 30 Days!  I posted a picture of it yesterday on Facebook but for those of you that didn't get to see it, here you go.  The king of Times Square.....the Naked Cowboy :)  Thank you to my friend artist Kathy Collins for the great picture!

"Kathy's cowboy"
12" x 9" oil on paper
©2014dottietleatherwood
Not For Sale




No comments: