Friday, January 17, 2014

"notes of indigo"

I had painting class yesterday and paintings to ship when I got home.  Didn't leave much time for painting.  I had started this painting on Wednesday and returned to finish it yesterday evening. These days, I am always focusing on painting loosely and trying to include only the most essential information and leave a little to the viewer's imagination.  Some days it works better than others.  I got this painting to this point and loved it just like it was.  Not a lot of color, which is very unusual for me but I didn't feel like it needed more.  Although, the whites in this painting do have more color in them than is coming through in the photo.  Not sure what's up with that.)  I love the design of this and will probably paint it larger later on.

notes of indigo
16" x 12" oil on gallery wrapped linen
©2014dottietleatherwood



5 comments:

Olivier Violin said...

Dottie, votre talent est unique et j'admire chaque jour la beauté de vos peintures.

Sandy said...

Very nice design and love how you kept it loose.

Judy Baker said...

Nice painting! Love your muted colors.

Jerry Stocks said...

Lovely painting--so serene.

hmuxo said...

I hope you paint this one in a larger format someday, Dottie.. I truly love this one. They're trying to get rid of the horses in NYC saying that its abusive. They want to replace the horses with antique electric buggies so this is a special painting that would be a winner in a larger canvas! I love the limited color palette...LOVE, LOVE this one...