Thursday, January 9, 2014

"quiet moments"

Day 9.  Central Park in the snow with the backdrop of the skyline.  One of New York's best views and there are a lot to choose from!  I could paint for years! This is a bit of a departure for me.  It's more "landscape" than "streetscape" and typically I don't paint landscapes.  But I just couldn't resist the challenge and the snow!  I may try this again on a larger scale.

quiet moments
20" x 30" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Make sure you sign up to get my blog by email so you don't miss any paintings this month!!

Here is the donated photo I worked from:

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

FANTASTIC scene, Dottie!!! Quiet Moments is a favorite...

Linda Popple said...

Beautifully painted! I think it would be a great piece painted larger.