Monday, January 13, 2014

"rainy days and pink umbrellas"

rainy days and pink umbrellas
20" x 16" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Well, actually just one pink umbrella, and it wasn't in the photo.  I invented it.  But it does brighten up a rainy day, don't you think?  The umbrella and the stop light were my pops of color in this painting. The snow piled up on the curb was a bit harder to portray than I thought.  But I am loving my sidewalk and the buildings in the background.

Here is the photo I painted from:

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Excellent!

hmuxo said...

Excellent!

Terri Buchholz said...

Great idea to include your reference photo - I love your interpretation!

Diane Mannion said...

Amazing how your paintings are so much better than the photos! Nice work.