Saturday, January 25, 2014

"shadow patterns study"

"shadow patterns study"
10" x 8" oil on linen panel
©2014dottietleatherwood

Another study, trying to decide if I had enough information for a larger painting.  I really liked the strong darks and lights.  Because this little nugget is such a very small part of the photo that I chose to paint from, any details that I include will be from my imagination.  It's also funny to me how much tighter my studies are than the larger paintings I paint.  Seems like it should be the reverse.

By the way, my studies are for sale and for much less than my larger works. And they are usually painted on panels so they will fit in any standard store frame.

I have a couple of larger works that I am almost done with.  I'm not ready to post them yet.  Not to mention, it would be nice to have a warm, sunny day to photograph them! Have a wonderful weekend!

Oh, and here is the photo I painted from:

No comments: