Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"summer street corner symphony"

summer street corner symphony
30" x 24" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

The greens of summer.... they are easy to forget this time of year. In fact, we are expecting snow today so I am loving the bright clear colors of a summer day.   I used the photo below as a jumping off point for this composition. In fact, this is the second time I painted from this photo. If you look closely, you can see a lot of differences.  I was intrigued with the posture of the man on the corner and I did want to use that... and also the cars, but after that I just painted.

Here is the inspiration photo:

2 comments:

Kellie Chasse said...

Hi Dottie - this is great, I can feel the warmth of summer thanks, I need it...sure wish it wasn't -1 here in Maine. :)

Cindy D. said...

Wow, terrific street scene! So many terrific details!