Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"uneven surface ahead"

I was telling a friend yesterday about this painting.  I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect reference photo for content and concept.  When I saw it, I knew it was perfect!  The bride and groom, just married walking across the Brooklyn Bridge to start their new life together.  All the possibilities of life ahead of them and as they start their journey, there is a sign off to the right that reads "uneven surface ahead".  If that doesn't sum up marriage then I don't know what does!!

I love paintings with a narrative.  Especially figurative paintings.  Hope you get as much of a kick out of this one as I did!

uneven surface ahead
16" x 8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

People, you just can't make this stuff up!  Here is the photo I painted from:


1 comment:

AK said...

Love your style. Just bare minimum details. Has the fluidity of water colors.