Monday, April 14, 2014

"just a little dip in the road"

just a little dip in the road
24" x 24" oil on linen
©2014dottietleatherwood

I've been traveling a bit in the last month and taking pictures on the road when things catch my eye.  I drove through rural Georgia several weeks ago and was inspired by the dirt roads and freshly planted fields. I love the mystery of the side roads and what's waiting at the end.  They always feel like summer to me... land and sky stretching out in front of you and that cloud of dust billowing out behind you.      

2 comments:

Kathy Collins said...

You've hit a home run on this one. Beautiful abstraction!

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Dottie! Sometimes riding the side roads take you to wonderful old barns and animals... I love how you painted the dirt road..VERY nice work!!