Thursday, April 17, 2014

"lifetime companions"

This time of year more than any other my mind and soul head toward the coast.  The rest of me stays here unfortunately, but I am only half present most of the time.  The older I get, the worse it gets.  I guess it's that longing for where your spirit lives.  My dad was this way, always pining for the land he grew up on.  The place,  like me, in his youth couldn't wait to get away from. Finally, he was able to retire and go back and as they say in church, "all was well with his soul."

What I am feeling tends to translate itself into paint these days.  I paint what I am thinking and feeling and sometimes where I wish I was.  It is cathartic I guess, and good for my soul.

lifetime companions
30" x 48" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

No comments: