Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"spring blowing in"

"spring blowing in"
24" x 24" oil on canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood
Available at Sozo Gallery

This painting was inspired when I was walking through uptown taking pictures one afternoon.  I just love the rush of life uptown contrasted with street musicians on the corners or sitting on the benches.  I see this gentleman often and love to listen to him play.  The bright sunlight and the blooming trees made a perfect backdrop for his music.  This painting and many others will be in the upcoming show at Sozo Gallery. Hope you can make it.....details below.

Sozo Gallery presents Partners Artists
May 8 - June 24
in a show to benefit
Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
and 
HeartBright Foundation
Opening Reception May 8 5:30-8:30
Sozo Gallery
214 Tryon, Hearst Plaza 
Charlotte, NC

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

I love getting those perfect reference pictures, Dottie. I can almost hear him playing... wonderful painting!!!