Monday, May 12, 2014

"the green grass of home"

I have a whole day in the studio today!  You can't imagine how excited I am about that!  I haven't had a day to just paint in three weeks.  Between pulling together the PARTNERS show at Sozo Gallery, high school baseball games and a couple of trips out of town, there has just been no time.  I am totally out of my groove. Today, I attempt to get my groove back.

As excited as I am about the painting time stretched out in front of me today, I was very tempted by something that I heard on the radio just now as I was taking my son to school.  For those of you not in Charlotte, we have a new minor league ballpark uptown.  Brand spanking new.  The views of the skyline from the field are gorgeous. So gorgeous in fact that I went down several weeks before opening day to get photos to paint from.  There is just something about a baseball field.  Guess I have spent a lot of time with them.  Anyway, the temptation today is a game being played at lunchtime and there are tickets available.  How sweet would lunch at the ballpark be on a beautiful sunny day?  I could write it off as inspiration for another painting, right?

Here is the painting that I did from the photos I took back in March.  It is in the show at Sozo Gallery which will have another reception on May 29th if you can make it.
the green grass of home
30" x 30" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Sozo Gallery presents Partners Artists
May 8 - June 24
in a show to benefit
Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
and 
HeartBright Foundation
Opening Reception May 8 5:30-8:30
Sozo Gallery
214 Tryon, Hearst Plaza 
Charlotte, NC

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your Cityscapes are always fantastic, Dottie. This one is wonderful!

Jerry Stocks said...

Love the way you painted the inside of the bleachers and also the city in the background.