Friday, May 30, 2014

"water under the bridge"

I had to look back through my blog posts to see if I had posted this painting.  My memory ain't what it used to be!

One of my favorite things in the world is the marsh.  I love the marshgrass that goes on forever, the movement of the tide in and out, that salty earthy smell and the wide open sky.  It is what I miss the most living where I do now.  I'm not sure I will ever get the salt out of my blood.  Not sure I would want to.

This was one of those paintings that came together, not without effort but fluidly.  "Fell off the brush" as they say.  Wish that happened all the time, but then again there would be no lessons learned, no hard won battles on the canvas :)

This painting is available for purchase at Sozo Gallery.

"water under the bridge"
24" x 30"  oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Sozo Gallery presents PARTNERS Artists
Sozo Gallery
214 Tryon, Hearst Plaza 
Charlotte, NC
in a show to benefit
Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
and 
HeartBright Foundation
Exhibition Dates:  May 8 - June 24

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous painting!! The water is painted SO beautifully!!!