Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"evening muse"

evening muse
18" x 24" oil on gallery wrap canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Another sunset over the marsh.  Can you tell I am looking forward to going back to the beach in a couple of weeks? It is definitely where my heart is!  It has been too rainy here lately to paint outside so I have logged a lot of hours in my studio.

The bold color and swirling clouds are a challenge.  But then, I guess there is a challenge in every landscape I try to put on canvas.  It is what keeps me coming back to the easel every day. It is interesting to me that no matter how many paintings I have done, I always learn something new or come up against a problem in each and every one.  The gift of learning new things every day, encountering problems and coming up with solutions, and loving your work is such a wonderful thing.  I feel very lucky.

1 comment:

AK said...

Your palette is just amazing. Fabulous job.