Friday, July 11, 2014

sweet georgia browns and las ninas...

I am in a shrimpboat state of mind this week. I was inspired by the light on the boats when I was on the coast a couple of weeks ago.  They are always on the back burner to paint and it seems I never have the time.  So this week I had an open stretch of a couple of days in front of me and I took advantage of it.  I am working on a third painting today...will post it when it's done.

By far the most fun part of painting them is all the "stuff" on the back of the boat.  They all are different.  I knew several shrimper/fishing families growing up and their boats always had such personality to go along with their names.  Just love these boats....they remind me of home.

sweet georgia browns
20" x 24" oil on gallery wrap canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

Here is one of my favorite little boats I always see parked at the marina.  It is an old one, small, crusty and rusty and full of personality.

las ninas
20" x 20" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2014dottietleatherwood

2 comments:

Olivier Violin said...

C'est réellement magnifique...

hmuxo said...

LOVE "sweet Georgia browns"...
the subtle colors in the background and those amazing reflections in the water from the boat!!! excellent!