Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 17

Another lovely afternoon to paint in the park.  I wanted to focus on the sunlight and how it highlighted the roots in the path.  Once again, glorious color from the light shining through the leaves in the woods.  Here is a shot of my painting about halfway completed...



And here is the completed painting.  One of the things we focused on this past weekend at my workshop with Jim Richards was having clear light and shadow.  I tried to keep this in mind as I was painting.  Sorry about the shine... photographing a wet painting is a challenge sometimes.

"sunshine spilling down"
8" x 6"  oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

No comments: