Saturday, September 20, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 20

My paint box is starting to show the signs of painting everyday.....needs a good scraping off!

Had a hectic day today and didn't get much further than the back yard to paint.  But I didn't need to.  Sometimes the best subjects are simply right under your nose.
I started with a canvas panel toned in a dark greenish gray and worked on bringing the rose and leaves out of that. I find it fun to try and start different ways ...keeps me interested.   Here is a better view of the finished painting.
"simplicity"
10" x 8" oil on linen panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful!!! love the background as well...

AK said...

The back ground really gels with the subject.