Sunday, September 21, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 21

Another day of blooming where you're planted or in this case..painting where you're planted.  I am keeping my nephew this weekend so my plein air has been close to home out of necessity.  But as I have found, this month, you can find a painting anywhere.  You just have to look.


I have been watching this maple in my neighbor's yard turn into a gorgeous orange day by day.  Each day it gets a little more intense.  From my driveway, the maple and the huge oak in their yard frame their porch so beautifully.  And the early afternoon light casts a dramatic shadow that is just perfect.  Everything around me has become fair game for a painting...watch out!  :)

"across the road"
6" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!












2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

a REALLY special Work of ART!

Jerry Stocks said...

This is a beauty.