Monday, September 22, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 22

A partly cloudy morning gave way to mostly cloudy before I finished with this painting.  Having had painted this scene before, I felt confident painting the light as I first saw it.


I haven't painted as much uptown as I had wanted to this month.  September has proved way to hectic and my "to do" list each day has proved way to long!  I am hoping to get some street scenes in next week.  For those of you that don't live in Charlotte, the title of this one is a play on Charlotte's nickname as the "Queen City".

"queen for a day"
8" x 6" oil on panel - - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonsoir,

Bravo pour cette superbe peinture... J'aime beaucoup l'harmonie des couleurs.

Gros bisous ♡

hmuxo said...

Cityscapes are always a favorite.
Wonderful work, Dottie!!!

Jerry Stocks said...

Love the play on words and also the painting. In Beaufort we King, Prince, and Duke streets but no Queen. We ladies think that is quite unfair.