Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 23

Rainy day again.  It seems like this month has had more than it's share.  Chilly, too!  I painted from my back porch late this afternoon.  The trees in my yard are just starting to show their fall colors.  I painted a small section of branches and leaves.  The more I painted the more abstract the shapes became....almost like a stained glass window.


See how gloomy! I brightened this picture up so you could see what I was painting.  I felt like I was painting in the dark!  Here is the finished painting:

"autumn in the abstract"
8" x 6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

La pluie... peut-être se qui risque de nous arriver aujourd'hui mais qui ne devrait pas durer toute la journée. Ensuite le soleil devrait s'imposer pour plusieurs jours... Je n'aime pas la grisaille de l'automne.
En revanche j'admets qu'il nous offre de délicieuses couleurs tout comme celles qui se trouvent dans ce très joli tableau que vous nous montrez.
Un très joli kaléidoscope automnal...

Gros bisous ✿❀✿

Jerry Stocks said...

Lovely!