Friday, September 26, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 25 & 26

Woefully behind in my posting....  I am in Greensboro, NC at my first solo show and it has been a busy two days.  I am so excited to be here and still pinching myself!  Three years ago when I first started painting, I dreamed of this but it seemed so far in the future.  I have worked so very hard and given this everything I had to give.   I have had some setbacks along the way that shook my confidence in myself and my painting to the core, but I have never given up.  Some days it has been as simple as one foot in front of the other.  Some days that is all you can do.

Here are my two plein air paintings for today and yesterday....can't figure out when I am going to fit in painting today and tomorrow but we'll see!



"the garden"
8"x6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood


"study of a home"
8"x6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

Marcy Brennan said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations! Your hard work and persistence is paying off :-) I've been painting my whole adult life, but two years ago got really serious about making it a business. I'm still working in real estate, and it's so frustrating that I can't devote full time to my art ;-(. But some day, it will happen (hopefully before I'm too dang old). Keep plugging away. One good thing leads to another and then things start to snowball before you know it. i've seen it happen in real estate and I'm certain that applies to any business. Your paintings are beautiful so keep painting and growing. Don't you LOVE plein air? I can't wait for our hot Florida weather to start to cool - next month - we start our plein air group back up. Can't wait!