Sunday, September 28, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 27 & 28

Caught up today with my 30 Plein Air Paintings for September!  I have been on the road with every moment filled since the middle of last week, making painting and blogging difficult, if not impossible.  I have to tell you, I am exhausted!

I didn't get back into Charlotte till after 11:00 last night and I slept in this morning.  Confession:  It is now 5:30 and I am still in my pj's and on my back porch where I have spent most of today.  Sometimes it is good to listen to what your body is telling you and mine said STOP :)

However, I needed to do two paintings to catch up on my challenge commitment and even though I toyed with the idea of skipping it, it's just not in my DNA to do it.  Luckily, as I have discovered this month, you don't have to look far to have subject matter to paint.  And I looked no further than the table and chair to my left.



The first little painting is a still life on the table.  I loved the lights and darks and the reflections in both the glass table and the french doors behind the table.
"still life on a glass table"
8" x 6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

The second painting is of the chair to the left of the table.  Again, the lights and darks were compelling and I wanted to see how well I could capture the chair from the angle in which I was painting.  I'm happy with how solid the chair seems in the space.  I simplified both the background and the wicker texture on the chair because I didn't want it to distract from what I was trying to capture.  Both of these are full of color, too, which makes me happy.
"sitting pretty"
10" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

Only two more days in the challenge.  It has been a busy month!  I will keep the special pricing on these paintings up through October 15th and then the prices will revert to my regular ones, so if there is a painting you are interested in, get it soon!

No comments: