Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 3

I ventured out of my yard this morning.  Every week that I am able I paint with a group of local plein air artists.  We gather at a local place, spread out and paint and then meet for lunch.  Painting is such a solo occupation.  I'm usually alone with my thoughts and deep in concentration.  Which is a good thing.  But every so often it is great fun to paint with other artists, compare notes and just have great conversation.

I didn't actually paint near anyone today.  In fact, I was down a little path in the woods.  I wanted a shady spot that overlooked the lake and was happy to find one.


Lots of greens to paint again today, although I did notice in places some leaves are beginning to change.  I think it hit 100 today, so fall may be on its way but summer is still very much hanging on.
I worked on a little larger canvas today, although it was only 2" bigger than what I have been painting it felt so much larger!  Here is my painting for today:

"squirrel lake park"
10" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

3 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

That's gorgeous, Dottie!

Scarlet Owl said...

Love the violets in this Dottie. And I'm so excited to see your Strada! I just received and your lovely painting is inspiration to get out there and use it! Happy challenge painting!

SamDoum said...

Very pretty! Love the textures that you have created with the application of the paint. Love your brushstrokes! Beautiful!