Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 30!!!

Last day of the challenge!  I am so proud of myself for sticking with plein air everyday this month.  Even when the weather was awful, even when I was out of town, even when I was exhausted, even when my calendar was so full I couldn't see straight... I found time to go OUTSIDE and paint.

 If there was one thing I learned this month, it was that you can find a painting anywhere you look.  And some days I did.  It's amazing what a little creativity and cropping can do for subject matter.  Inspiration can be found anywhere.

Today was a beautiful day to end the challenge on.  Sunshine and 80 degrees...my kind of day.  I drove uptown looking for a place to paint.  I only had about an hour so time was of the essence.  I have painted this little chapel before but from another angle and much larger.  But I liked how it was framed by the trees and sky and the little evergreens in front of it.  Just like in a storybook. :)

Here it is in progress...as you can tell from how dark the picture is, I was painting with the sun in my eyes.  After all the rain we have had this month, I am not complaining!

I did have some friends to keep me company.  They kept flying onto my palette.  

Here is the finished painting!  
"storybook"
10" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

NOTE:  I will keep the special pricing on these paintings up through October 15th and then the prices will revert to my regular ones, so if there is a painting you are interested in, get it soon


1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Toutes mes sincère félicitations pour ce challenge durement mené parfois à cause de la météo !
Vous avez raison, tout peut être sujet à peindre. Il suffit de laisser aller ses émotions.

J'aime beaucoup cette dernière oeuvre avec cette belle avalanche de couleurs.

Gros bisous ♡