Thursday, September 4, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 4

I went back out to Renfrow Farms to paint.  It has become one of my favorite plein air spots...a rural oasis in the middle of town.  I couldn't pass up the sunlight on the rows of crops.  Newer plantings are filling in as the old ones are being pulled up. Sort of a metaphor on life.


Another beautiful summer day to paint.  Stormy weather is moving in for the next few days so I will be missing the bright sunlight.  Here is a better view of the finished painting.  You can see after I took the picture above, I went in and defined the rows a little more and added the highlights:

a mix of old and new
6" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

No comments: