Friday, September 5, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 5

Today had to be Jim Cantore's dream day.  I got to observe everything but snow while I was out painting.  Sun, mist, fog, wind, rain and sometimes all at once.

I had an extremely busy day and only a little time to paint today.  I blocked out a little time this morning to paint in between appointments.  Since I was uptown already, I decided to do a cityscape.  I set up my easel in the overcast conditions and started to paint. Then the sun came out. Then the wind started blowing and I heard thunder rumbling....meanwhile I am still painting.  Then I got caught.  Downpour.  Packed up my stuff and headed to the car. Not even close to finished.

So in lieu of my cityscape that is half finished, here is a painting I did on Monday afternoon....under much nicer conditions. Glad I painted two that day! :)  The cityscape?  ...to be continued.



just a glimpse of the sun
6" x 8" oil on panel
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

No comments: