Saturday, September 6, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 6

I drove to Greensboro, NC and back yesterday to deliver paintings for an upcoming show to Tyler White O'Brien Gallery.  I am the featured artist for a show there in a couple of weeks with the Alight Foundation. So excited!!

As I am driving there and back, I am contemplating what to paint for the challenge and crossing my fingers that the sunny weather would hold.  There were some great big puffy clouds collecting in front of my and in my rear view mirror.  By the time I got home in the afternoon, I was exhausted and decided to drive to the park down the street and find something to paint.  Necessity is the mother of invention they say.

It was hot and so humid!  I walked down path far enough to get some shade and set up my easel.  I thought about painting the dappled path but just wasn't in the mood.  It was a pretty heavily wooded area and the abstract patterns made by the trees, leaves and sunlight were too good to pass up.


I was kept company by lots of cross country runners practicing for a meet.  Made me thankful that I was just there to paint!!

"all in the family"
8" x 6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

1 comment:

Diane Mannion said...

Great atmosphere, color, and light, Dottie!