Sunday, September 7, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 7

It's been a week! I think this was the busiest month that I could have picked to do this challenge....but it has been good at keeping me on a schedule.  Painting everyday, but more than that....finding a place to paint everyday and then completing a painting has been a struggle sometimes.  I am getting really good at setting up and breaking down my painting gear quickly!

Back to one of my old haunts yesterday.  I was busy until late afternoon so when it was time to paint I headed back uptown to catch the skyline as the sun was starting to set.  I had the place all to myself...sort of.  It was a little creepy and the cars slowing down to stare made me a little uncomfortable.  I like painting when there are people around!!


The buildings were backlit, as you can see and the glare was a challenge to paint in without sunglasses. The result was all detail faded into shadow and the glowing sky and silhouettes of the buildings became the subject.

 "uptown afternoon"
6" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!