Monday, September 8, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 8

It was a beautiful day to paint, except that I was busy with my other life..mom, cook, house-cleaner, laundress, grocery store shopper, etc.  You get the picture.  So when evening came and I had a chance to paint....Guess what?!  Storm came.

After the rain had slowed to a drizzle, I hopped in the jeep with my son as protection (I learned my lesson Saturday!) and headed out to paint.  I wanted a clear flat spot so I could paint the sky.  The clouds were low and heavy but as skies are known to do... constantly changing.  There were small breaks between the clouds with light pouring through as the storm moved away.  Interestingly enough, the best sky was when I was finished with my painting and was packing up.  Isn't that always the way!!

Plein air is so funny sometimes.  We made quite a picture,my son and I,  I am sure.  I am standing by the road painting.  My son is standing barefoot  outside the car with a yo-yo and his phone to occupy him.  Everyone driving by had their head on a swivel!  Only one guy stopped to ask "What are you doing?"  :) A better picture:

"moody September sky"
6" x 8" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful road painting Dottie!!
and I love your Cityscape painting...nice work!!!

Chris Lally said...

Love these plein air paintings - and their stories!

Robert P. Britton, Jr. said...

Love your painting, Dotie! Very well done! Bravo!