Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September Sojourn: Day 9

Another crazy day with no time to paint until this evening. I was so tired, I sat down on my back porch steps and just looked around for inspiration.  Sometimes it's right in front of you.  The white petunias in a pot on my steps were bright against the deep evening shadows and dark green leaves.


So there I sat on the steps, painting until it got dark. With no more light to paint by, I decided it was done. I wasn't sure what it would look like when I got it back into the studio light but I was pleasantly surprised.

"back porch petunias"
8" x 6" oil on panel - plein air study
©2014dottietleatherwood

If you don't want to miss a post this month..... please enter your email address in the upper right hand corner and you will receive all my blog posts in your email!

No comments: