Monday, January 26, 2015

"gathered treasures" ...Day 26

It's no secret by now that the beach is near and dear to me.  The salt air and the rhythm of the waves bring me peace like nothing else can.  I treasure every moment I spend with my toes in the sand.  It's the only place that I get up before the sun, voluntarily.  Watching the sun come up over the water is just magical.  I love it hot and sunny, cloudy and stormy, and brisk and cold.  Doesn't matter.  

I used to be a shell gatherer when I walked.  I don't collect them so much anymore....I've got more than I need.  I am still a sucker for a good piece of driftwood though.  I just love the soft feel of it and the layers of color.  The last couple of years, it's a toss up as to whether I take a long walk on the beach or grab my backpack and go paint.  In the middle of the summer, painting usually wins because it's just too hot to paint any other time of day.  

gathered treasures
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

------------------------------------------------
If you have ever wanted to learn to paint or would like to dust off your brushes, I hope you will sign up for my class.  I am teaching a great weekly class painting from life starting next month:
Day: Wednesday's 9:30-11:30am

Where: Butler Studio Rm.301A

Dates: February 18,25 March 4,11
Price: $200 with materials 
for more information or to sign up click this link:  Butler Studio



No comments: