Sunday, January 25, 2015

"lunch special" ...Day 25


Pimento Cheese...the staple of the southern refrigerator, appetizer table, picnic, brunch...you name it. Pimento cheese is a part of it.  We even put it on our hamburgers, warm it up and dip tortilla chips into it and my family would never hear of having a holiday meal without pimento cheese stuffed celery on the appetizer tray.   The best stuff is homemade although I have had some really good ready-made pimento cheese from small mom-and-pop companies.  Don't you love the swirly, yellow paper in this still life?  Reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen.

"lunch special"
10" x 8" oil on linen panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

------------------------------------------------
If you have ever wanted to learn to paint or would like to dust off your brushes, I hope you will sign up for my class.  I am teaching a great weekly class painting from life starting next month:
Day: Wednesday's 9:30-11:30am

Where: Butler Studio Rm.301A

Dates: February 18,25 March 4,11
Price: $200 with materials 
for more information or to sign up click this link:  Butler Studio

No comments: