Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"peaches and cream" ...Day 20

It's not easy to find peaches in January.  Just saying.  I have absolutely no idea where these were grown but I ate two of them after I painted them and for a peach in the winter they were pretty good.  Wonderful, really.  A juicy bite of summertime.

Being from Georgia, a Georgia Peach by birth, this series would not be complete without them. :)  I know other places grow peaches, but I'm partial to the ones from my home state.  When I was pregnant with my first child, my dad drove up from Georgia and brought me a crate of peaches so ripe, there was no way possible to eat them without making a mess.  So I sat there, juice running off my chin, down my arms and on to my huge nine month pregnant belly and ate peach after peach..... gorging myself as only you can do when you are pregnant.  I don't think they have ever tasted that good.

"peaches and cream"
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Love it, Dottie! Beautiful work on the peaches!! (love the title)