Friday, January 2, 2015

"reason to celebrate" ... Day 2

So what are the holidays without champagne?   I found this little punch cup, you know the kind your grandmother had...cut glass, dainty handle.  It made me think of being a kid and drinking champagne punch.  Weddings and baby showers and holiday parties in the 70's were not complete without champagne punch.  My favorite was the kind with the big block of lime sherbet floating in it! Remember that?!  Now I prefer to drink my champagne out of a flute sans sherbet but it's still just as festive I think.

Bottles are such fun to paint, as are glasses.  I loved the reflections on the gold plate as well as the pattern of the background that pulls it all together.

"reason to celebrate"
10" x 8" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood


3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

LOVE IT!

Nelvia said...

Absolutely love your colors and technique.

SamDoum said...

Beautiful, Very harmonious painting, & great colors!