Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"the practice round" ...Day 28

I don't play golf.  I don't even watch golf voluntarily.  Maybe the end of the Masters, but that's about it.  My boys have played since they were little, and my husband is on the course every free moment. He is consumed by it. Unless it's a ski trip, our vacations always include golf somewhere.  Years ago, I played in one couples tournament with my husband and I thought it never would end!  The only thing that made it bearable was the other couple we were paired with and we had a cooler full of beer :)

It seems like everyone in the south plays golf.  Every boy I ever dated except for one (he was a musician...just as addicting and as time consuming) played golf.  In my former life, I worked for an advertising agency that handled almost nothing but, you guessed it...golf courses.  It seems that I have been surrounded by golf my whole life.  It is a part of my life but I'm not a part of it.  Funny how that works.

"the practice round"
12" x 6" oil on linen panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

-----------------------
If you have ever wanted to learn to paint or would like to dust off your brushes, I hope you will sign up for my class.  I am teaching a great weekly class painting from life starting next month:
Day: Wednesday's 9:30-11:30am

Where: Butler Studio Rm.301A

Dates: February 18,25 March 4,11

Price: $200 with materials 
for more information or to sign up click this link:  Butler Studio

1 comment:

AK said...

The painting is as lovely as the post is funny. How could you not love golf! The biggest regret that I have of the place I am presently located is the lack of a course nearby. Anyway, happy painting!