Thursday, February 5, 2015

New Paintings at Bonterra

Now that January is over and I have finished my daily challenge, it's time to take care of my galleries. Part of this job is moving paintings from one location to another.  Selling a painting is an interesting thing.  No matter how wonderful the painting is, if the right person doesn't walk in and see it hanging in front of them.... it might never find a home.  It takes that one person to see it and love it.  Sort of a needle in a haystack sort of thing.

Galleries always want fresh work and I am only too happy to oblige because I love to paint. So as new works go into a gallery, older works come out.  Sometimes these paintings go on to another gallery and sometimes they come back to my studio for a while.  I've had a painting sit at a gallery for a few months then pull it out and put it in another gallery and it sells the first day there.  You just never know.  Therefore, my studio is in constant flux.... and sometimes a big mess!

I just hung four works this week at a spot here in Charlotte, Bonterra Restaurant.  It is a gorgeous historic space that used to be a church.  High ceilings, huge windows and beautiful wood and moldings throughout.  They are known for their unbelievable and extensive wine list and the food is pretty spectacular too.  Fabulous place to eat, drink and see some gorgeous art.

The first work is a new painting that I have actually never displayed.  It's a streetscape from one of my favorite places, San Francisco.  The last three have just come from galleries.  All of these are available and if you are interested just shoot me an email at dtl.art@gmail.com .

"once upon a hill"
30" x 40" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2015dottietleatherwood

"spring thaw"
36" x 36" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2015dottietleatherwood


"bridge at first light"
30" x 48" oil on canvas framed
©2015dottietleatherwood

"green lights, tail lights"
36" x 36" oil on linen canvas framed
©2015dottietleatherwood




No comments: