Wednesday, September 23, 2015

30 Days ...Day 23

It's Day 23 and it's the first day of fall!  I celebrated by getting up, pouring a mug of coffee and heading out to paint.  In my pajamas.

This morning was gorgeous.  It's as if Mother Nature knew it was officially autumn.  There was a cool breeze, leaves were falling around me and the light just felt "soft".  Not sunny, not cloudy... just soft.

I sat down in the grass in my backyard and painted my overgrown patch of zinnias.  The last of summer on the first day of fall.  Such a peaceful way to start the day. :)


This painting is available for purchase on DailyPaintworks.

"the first day of fall"
10" x 8" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une très jolie peinture... Une belle incitation à la détente et une belle ouverture à cette nouvelle saison !

Gros bisous ❀