Sunday, September 27, 2015

30 Days ...Day 26

OK, so I am a day behind posting and painting.  But I am catching up.  The weather has been less than cooperative and less than inspiring to get out in and paint in.  As in rainy.  Really rainy and overcast.  Blah.  I am a sunshine or at least semi bright skies kind of girl.  I have a hard time getting fired up to paint outside in this weather.  So I have been in the studio painting instead.  But I am out this morning painting and making the best of the weather.

I am working on tree studies.  Close up landscapes...since my "vistas" are not so great.  The colors of trees are finally progressing toward a fall palette instead of the greens of summer.  Much more fun to paint, here in the south.  Here is the first of several to come:

"changing palette"
12" x 6" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

No comments: