Tuesday, September 29, 2015

30 Days ...Day 28 and 29

And it is still raining.  I missed the blood moon and the lunar eclipse, my raincoat is a permanent accessory, my windshield wipers never stop and I've forgotten what the sun feels like.  Although the grass here has made a fabulous rebound from burned up brown and now looks like a lush meadow.

Painting a rainy landscape is interesting.  As dull and low as the light is, I feel like I almost see more color than when it is sunny.  And everything is soft and hazy.   No sharp edges or shadows.

Today, I post two paintings to catch myself up.  And tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and the last day of September.  How quickly this month has flown by.

These paintings are available for purchase on DailyPaintworks.

"the space between"
8" x 8" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

"rain on a tin roof"
6" x 8" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je vous envoie un rayon de notre soleil !...
Comme vous le dites si bien toutefois, il est juste que les couleurs sont différentes et plus accentuées lorsque le soleil ne les illumine pas...
Deux très jolies peintures aux touches de couleurs fabuleuses.

Gros bisous ♡