Thursday, September 3, 2015

30 Days ...Day 3

Here is another one I painted on the farm.  As all farms do, there was lots of "stuff" sitting around.  Farm equipment, old trucks, bins and barrels... a painter's paradise. And tractors - lots of old ones with great patina.  I loved this one with the little yellow wildflowers growing in front of it.

It was hot with a couple of biting flies that took a liking to the back of my legs, so this one was done as quickly as I could. There was an old water storage tank behind the tractor, that was very cool.  I painted it in but as I stepped back to look at my painting when I was done, I realized it competed too much with the tractor and so I painted it out.  Now it is behind the trees :)

old tractor with yellow flowers
6" x 8" oil on canvas panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

No comments: