Friday, September 4, 2015

30 Days ...Day 4

The backpack that carries my easel and paints is a permanent fixture in my jeep.  I like always having the option to paint if the moment seizes me.

Yesterday I drove to Tyler White O'Brien Gallery in Greensboro to deliver some new work and decided to paint my daily painting there before I headed back home.  I drove out to a lake just outside of town and found this little spot.

Sometimes you can find a great spot but can't figure out how to get there.  The gates to the marina were locked up tight.  And although I kept seeing these great little pedestrian bridges over the coves of the lake beside the road, there was nowhere to pull off and park.  I kept driving around, burning daylight. Finally, I realized there was an office complex near one of the bridges giving me a place to park and climb down the hill to the walkway.  The things I do to paint.

The walkway was fairly narrow but I only encountered three walkers so when I turned sideways they had room to pass.  By the time I set up, clouds were rolling in so the light was pretty diffused with a lot of haze in the distance.  However, the clouds did nothing to alleviate the heat....still a balmy 95 degrees when I finished up.  It was a lovely little spot to paint though, I'd love to go back.

This painting is available for purchase on Daily Paintworks.

"three pines"
8" x 6" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood


No comments: