Tuesday, September 8, 2015

30 Days ...Day 8

I am in Atlanta for a gallery opening at Ferrari Fine Art this week, so this weekend I painted several plein air paintings to post while I am gone.  I wandered around my back yard in search of painting opportunities and came up with some little vignettes.

Today's painting is a close up view of the rose-of-sharon blooms on a tree just off my porch.  Love these delicate little flowers and I had fun painting the abstract leaf shapes.

If you are in the Atlanta area, please stop by and say hello.  It is going to be a beautiful show.  Here are the details:

Where: Ferrari Fine Art
             425 Peachtree Hills Avenue
             Suite 3
             Atlanta, GA 30305
When:  Wednesday, September 9th
             Light Lunch: 11am - 2pm
             Wine & Hors d'oeuvres:  6pm - 8pm


This painting is available for purchase on Daily Paintworks.

"opening up"
6" x 8" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Ces petites roses blanches sont d'une grande délicatesse. J'aime beaucoup la manière qu'elles ont de flotter ou de danser... Très beau !

Je serais venue volontiers si je me trouvais dans votre région. Malheureusement, loin au delà de votre océan, je penserai à vous et vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses et de belles rencontres.

Gros bisous ♡