Wednesday, September 9, 2015

30 Days ...Day 9

Don't you just love a good tomato?  They just taste like summer to me.  I still have a few tomato plants in my garden.  The drought and heat really cut into the harvest this year. Now that it's finally cooling off a little, the remaining plants are producing tomatoes again.  I'm hoping they will keep holding on until October.

This was a challenge with all of the reds and greens.  I played around with the edges a lot and tried for a really loose feel.

This painting is available for purchase on DailyPaintworks.

"on the vine"
8" x 10" oil on panel
©2015dottietleatherwood

If you are in the Atlanta area, I hope you will make plans to come to our opening reception at Ferrari Fine Art today!  Here is all the information:

Where: Ferrari Fine Art
             425 Peachtree Hills Avenue
             Suite 3
             Atlanta, GA 30305
When:  Wednesday, September 9th
             Light Lunch: 11am - 2pm
             Wine & Hors d'oeuvres:  6pm - 8pm

4 comments:

Susan Hammer said...

This is really lovely. Love the subtle value shifts.

martine paquet said...

I love this painting...all the incredible greens, the softness of the reds !
Happy challenge Dottie!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Les tomates du jardin sont les meilleures ! J'aime énormément cette dernière peinture avec elles.
Des rondeurs et des nuances de couleurs fantastiques.

Gros bisous ☼

Stephanie Berry said...

I really like this one. Nice simple subject handled in a delicate way. Lovely Dottie!