Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"first frost" .... Day 5

"first frost"
5" x 7" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

This morning was the first really good frost that we have had this winter.  At least at my house.  The grass was this wonderful shade of sparkling blue.  I tried not to overwork this one but just get the color and feel of the foliage and try and make you feel the cold.   I was cold painting it... hoping it comes through :)

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop


1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Brrrr - it comes through! Beautiful painting!!