Saturday, January 9, 2016

"January afternoon" ...Day 9

I love the tree across the street.  It is my go to painting when I am pushed for time and have to paint.  My day yesterday was slammed and I was once again down to the wire.  I had to stay home for the rest of the daylight hours that I had so my subject matter was limited to what was in my own backyard ....or front yard for that matter.

The cloudy January sky eliminated a lot of the color in the landscape. Only a little burst of green in the grass.  But the tree with all of it's branches illuminated was beautiful.  It's hard to do it justice on such a small canvas but trust me it's a beauty.

Off to a basketball game this morning.  Happy Saturday to you!

"January afternoon"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo said...

This is so soft, and pretty!