Thursday, January 21, 2016

"red sky in morning" ...Day 21

There was the most glorious sunrise this morning before I left for the studio!  Another really cold morning and I was headed outside to warm up my car and was stopped in my tracks by the sky.  It was as if it had caught fire.  Absolutely gorgeous!  I got down the color notes before I left and finished up the edges this evening.  As beautiful as the sunrise was, it was over in just minutes and the clouds moved in.  I drove home in the snow tonight.  Red sky in morning....sailor's warning.
"red sky in morning"
5" x 7" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop

No comments: