Monday, January 18, 2016

"rooftop sculpture" ....Day 18

 It is 36 degrees here at 2:00 this afternoon so I painted plein air through a window.  I pass this structure everyday as I walk up the stairs to my studio.  The building I am in was once a furniture manufacturer and this was sawdust bin.  I just love all the lines and tangle of metal and steel.  I used to draw floor plans and houses when I was a little girl.  I know....strange.  But even now that kind of thing appeals to me.  I think I love the challenge of trying to make order from chaos.

"rooftop sculpture"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop
 

No comments: