Friday, January 22, 2016

"snow before breakfast" ...Day 22

We woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground with lots more wintery weather to come.  They say lots of ice is expected today before it turns back to snow late tonight.  Not only that but the wind is blowing.  As I stood out and painted this the cracking of the limbs on the trees that are already coated in ice provided the only sound in an otherwise quiet morning.  We don't do much in the south when it snows.  We stay put.
I'm not sure who was more excited about getting out in it this morning....me or my dogs.  You can see all of the dog footprints in the snow.  It was as if Christmas had come all over again.  It actually seemed much warmer than 28 degrees...that is until the wind started blowing.  And although the dogs were happy to go out in the sleet and play, I opted for the shelter of my back porch.  I'm sure both the dogs and I will be back out many times today to take advantage of the snow, but first there is breakfast.   I do love a snow day :)

"snow before breakfast"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop

No comments: