Sunday, January 17, 2016

"southend sunset" ....Day 17

Better late than never!  I have had a lot on my plate the last couple of days getting a corporate art proposal ready.  I have been pushed for time with teaching demands and other large paintings that I am getting ready for a gallery and waited till the last minute to paint my studies and put the proposal together.  Just what I tell my kids never to do.  But I finished it this evening so I am finally posting Day 17.

I painted this from a top secret vantage point.  I had special permission for rooftop access and the view was spectacular.   This is a water tower that is a landmark in the "southend" part of Charlotte where my studio is located.  I loved the way it towered above everything else and was silhouetted against the setting sun.  The sunset was so gorgeous, it was hard to keep my mind on my painting.  I just wanted to stop and watch the color change.  And it was changing ....every minute.

 "southend sunset"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

A Wow!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Le coucher de soleil derrière ce château d'eau est sublime... Vous avez si parfaitement le reconstituer ! Bravo !
Les couleurs sont sublimes.

Gros bisous ♡

Chris Lally said...

My new favorite! I think I've said that before, but this time I really mean it!!

Marcela Strasdas said...

Beautiful light and palette! Love it!