Friday, January 15, 2016

"the other side" ...Day 15

So Monday, I painted the left side of the warehouse across the street from my studio.  Yesterday I painted the right side. I just love the lines and the light on this building.
Funny story.  I had a hectic day yesterday with teaching all morning and blocking in some large paintings in my studio in the afternoon.  I had a 4:30 appointment across town and only had about an hour to paint my challenge painting.  I walked downstairs and decided to sit in my car and paint the warehouse across the street because I was familiar enough with it and thought I could get it done in time.  I sat sideways in the drivers seat of my jeep with my pochade box in my lap and the door open and started to paint.  I was about 75% done with the painting when I notice a car idling beside me and waiting for me to shut my door so she could pull into the parking space next to me.  So I stopped painting, got out of the car and moved everything to let her pull in. As she is pulling in to the parking place, which of course will completely block my view of what I am painting, I look around and notice that the parking lot is half empty.  Of all of the places she could have chosen to park, she had to park next to me.  Crazy.  I had to finish the rest of my painting standing up and looking over the top of her car.   So much for my perfect set up!

"the other side"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood


___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop

No comments: